Small Works * Property Surveys By Aerial Drone

Residential Projects and Exterior Property Surveys using an Aerial Drone

London and The Home Counties.

Planning & Building Regulations

All structural alterations require Building Regulations consent as well as some works that are self-certified by contractors such as boiler installations, window replacements and electrical installations. Extensions and alterations must receive BR consent. Unless the project is simple full plans are usually required. This often involves structural calculations for steel beams, foundations, lintels, etc so we have qualified contacts to assist with this element. On large projects a ground investigation is needed to assess the bearing capacity of the subsoil. A topographic survey will also be necessary, carried out by a chartered land surveyor. 

Planning Permission is required for large extensions, new-build projects, facade alterations, works to Listed Buildings, etc.  House extensions outside of the Permitted Development allowances require PP. 

Note that where party walls/structures are involved The Party Wall Etc Act 1996 applies and must be complied with. We do not act as party wall surveyors but we can assist in finding such specialist surveyors.

For leaseholders intending to carry out alterations a licence from the landlord will be required before works commence. This will require detailed plans showing the extent of the proposals.